Saturday, June 11, 2011

Long Weekend and Partial Lemon Juice Detox Plan ♥

We Melbournians are having a long weekend thanks to the Queen's birthday!

Long live the Queen!! (though it's not really her birthday -.-)


Now, I've just started to introduce lemon juice into my diet to cleanse my body of toxins.



There's a lot of hype around this lemon detox diet as a lot of celebrities such as Beyonce and Mariah Carey use it to shed weight quickly. The week-long lemon detox plan mainly consists of drinking 6 - 10 glasses of lemon with palm tree syrup and a small pinch of cayenne pepper each day as a meal replacement. It also includes drinking saltwater and herbal tea daily. No solid foods are to be taken throughout this diet.

Unfortunately, like most fads, following this diet will allow you to lose weight rapidly as it is a starvation diet; causing you to lose muscle rather than fat.

I plan to incorporate lemon juice into my life, not as a meal replacement but rather to facilitate the removal of toxin build-up in my system. Lemon, honey and cayenne pepper are immune boosters. The addition of cayenne pepper helps increase your metabolism which means it can help burn fat!

Today would be my third day and I am already beginning to feel healthier.




LEMON JUICE DETOX DIET

Mornings:
I've started each morning with a cup of hot water with a squeeze of lemon juice.
It certainly perks me up! LOL

Nights:
I'd have a glass of honey-lemon juice with a small (very small) pinch of cayenne pepper before a meal and another glass a couple hours before bed. Now if you're planning to use cayenne pepper, please be mindful that it is spicy hot so please use as little as possible, to begin with, to see how well you can tolerate it and you can add more as you get used to it. 


HONEY-LEMON CAYENNE PEPPER RECIPE

Ingredients:
250mL warm water
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
a pinch of ground cayenne pepper

To make your honey-lemon juice with cayenne pepper, mix one tablespoon of honey with one tablespoon of lemon juice in 250mL of warm water.

Add a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper (ground) and stir well before consumption.


Precautions:
I will also advise you to stir your drink so that the cayenne pepper is well distributed prior to drinking. I didn't do it once before and in my last gulp, I had a mouth full of the pepper. Although I didn't use a lot, it was NOT pleasant. It will leave a zing in your mouth and also down your throat. Yikes!



Now if you're planning in the actual lemon detox plan to lose weight, please do your research first. There are a lot of fads out there that can aid you in weight loss but are actually harmful for you in the long term.

Have a good weekend everyone!

//♥

8 comments:

Uncle Yenny said...

Oh my goodness Twinno lol when I first started reading your post I was like, "Oh noooo0o0ooo.. Lisha's gunna try out that crazy diet too?! Noooo0o0oo!"
But I was very relieved to read on and see that you're not going to substitute your meals (i.e. starve yourself) with the stuff but just use it as a supplement. What a bright idea!
It's a little scary when you hear of people trying to replace proper meals with nothing but liquid (and not a substantial liquid like a smoothie or protein drink either).. So I'm glad you're not giving in to that kind of extreme fad dieting!

Jeneara said...

Oh I agree! These detox diets that the stars do are so bad for you!

Add lemon to your diet is a great way to detox but to drink just that is freaking crazy!

I've started adding lemon to my water to detox as well as we have a massive lemon tree out back that's in season.

Jen

From Broadway said...

Really want to try this detox!

Lishywishy said...

@Yenners: LOL!! HmmMMmmm... you just got me thinking about smoothie meal replacements... NOT! I love eating too much to go on an extreme diet ._.

@Jeneara: I always wanted a lemon tree :(
It makes the water taste better actually. I find myself craving for it now... O_o

@From Broadway: Hope you get success too! ;)

chaigyaru said...

I've tried this before. LOL. Its super duper hard to keep up with. And it tastes gross after a while =/

Celeste @ Becoming Beautiful said...

I don't think I could survive just drinking it. But I like to think of these juice diets as more supplementary instead of replacing.

I'm going to start adding more lemon into my intake as well. Lemon trees are laden with fruits around me right now so I have heaps !!

Lishywishy said...

@Chaigyaru: LOL. All the good stuff taste nasty, don't they? :|

@Celeste: Lucky you!! I've always wanted a lemon tree! But it's probably going to die in my care >.>

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...